May 31, 2013

My first blog post.....ever

This is my dad.




 This is his 1960 Chevrolet Apache.



Passed down from my Nonni Joe (mom's dad), to my dad, and now to me.  Through this blog I will document the restoration process starting from dismantleing all the way to the very end.  I know it doesn't look too great right now;






it's been sitting in that exact spot for 24+ years sinking into the dirt, collecting leaves and various animals and insects (yes animals. I found a mouse carcass when cleaning out the cab, and yes, I screamed.  EW!), but it will look perfect one day.  That I know for sure.


This truck and I have a long, long journey ahead of us. It will be frustrating at times; I will want to quit and give up probably most of the time. But I won't. I will do it. I will do it for my Nonni Joe, for my Dad, and for me. Because in the end (in several years no doubt), it will be totally worth it.

Until next time...

3 comments:

  1. This is so cool. Thank you for including me!!! I really do appreciate it. I hope everything goes well for you throughout this process... and trust me it is one hell of a process lol... Have fun and good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see the progress, Just helped my brother restore his 64 El Camino. it can be tough at times , but well worth the effort when You fill that sense of accomplishment. remember the journey is where all the fun happens.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to see it finish cousin....

    ReplyDelete