March 12, 2014

It's About Family

A lot of people have been telling me this whole project of restoring my dad's truck is a bad idea.
It's a waste of time and money.
It'll take years to complete.  

My response to that?

I don't care.  I don't care what they THINK is a bad idea or a waste of my time.  I knew going into this project that it was going to take some time and a bit of money.  But that's not the point of this whole project.  The point is that I've watched this truck sit in my backyard for 20 years, always thinking one day I will work on it, and one day i'll get to drive it.
To me...it's not about how much money I put into it, or how many years it takes.  To me, it's about my dad, my grandpa, my grandma, even my mom.
Fixing this truck makes me feel closer to them.

It's about family.  

No comments:

Post a Comment